Battlefield 2142

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Swansen, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Yeah so i've been playing 2142 for a couple days of my stuidly laggy connection and i realized something. It seemed a lot similar to another game i play and i couldn't figure it our then i realized how much it seems like KILLZONE, or how much its like killzone could have been. Anyways just wondering if anybody else thought that as well

2. viper

viper Geek

Never played battlefield so wouldn't really know, killzone seemed a pretty cool game i thought about getting awhile back. Whats it like?

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

its pretty good, has a really cool story and really well developed characters. There are a few things thay are annoying but they mostly come from the PS2's not so good sampling rate for the dual shock controllers. But yeah i definetly recommend getting it. i like it a lot and there is a pretty lively online community as well

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Online it's probably fun enough but the single player of Killzone is nothing to get excited about in my opinion. The weapons are okay, they look sweet and sound satasfying enough but they don't reinvent the wheel in any way. You spend a whole lot of time shooting the same Combine-like soldiers over and over and the missions seem fairly similar and generic. It's not a bad game but it's the bugginess that annoys me as I've mentioned before, what with characters getting stuck in their lowres models, clipping problems, rag doll issues, and pop up vexations galore. Read the reviews first but I personally don't find any factor redeeming enough for it to be worth a full purchase.

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

oh yes forgot to mention that, your teammates are completely useless. All in all though i really liked it, yeah but killzone came out before half life 2

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sort of, I'm sure Killzone wasn't copying HL2 or anything but remeber that HL2 was finished pretty much in 2003, just some dude stole the source code and that pushed it back about a year. Nothing against combine-like soldiers though, just saying there was very little variety in soldiers. They put up a decent fight but they didn't have very many different things to say which got kind of annoying.